The Step Ninety-Nine freestyle blade is guaranteed to impress for doubles & triples
A freeestyle blade that is made in Canada and is suitable for advanced freestyle, double, triple and quad jumps. It boasts a V-steel stainless carbon composition for a better glide.
- Designed for Double and Triple Jumps
- Aggressive Straight Cut Pick cluster
- Extra stable heel stanchion height
Metal Composition of the Ninety-Nine Blade
V-Steel Stainless Carbon
The benefits of V-Steel
- Polished mirror finish for a cleaner edge after every sharpening
- Reduced resistance on the ice
- Edges are finer than traditonal blades
- Stainless finish prevents corrosion spots
- Improves glide and control
- Tend to be harder than other blades
Toe Pick / Toe Rake Configuration (Teeth & spikes at front of blade)
Straight Cut Pick
The benefits of a Straight Cut Pick
The Straight Cut pick allows skaters to dig deeply into the ice. Allowing a firm grip while promoting great lift.
Rocker Radius (Rocker radius refers to the rear part of the blade used for gliding and stroking)
The benefits of an 8' Rocker
The Ninety-Nine blade is set on an 8 foot rocker which is a little bit flatter, creating more surface with the ice than a 7 foot blade. What does this mean in terms of performance? More stability when landing jumps, better for speed and edge control, but a bit harder to find the sweet spot for spinning.
Step Ninety-Nine blades are comparable to the following models
- John Wilson Pattern 99, Gold Seal
- Mk Phantom, Gold Star
- Riedell Infinity
- Jackson Elite, Marix
The Step Ninety-Nine (S99SS) is manufactured in Canada.
Warranty: 1 Year