Materials and a unique design have combined to make ice skaters working on double, triple & quad jumps feel at home quickly in the Ice Fly.
Features of the Ice Fly
- High density memory foam holds the foot without pressure while allowing micro movements and maintaining its shape
- Soft collar increases the range of movement
- Microperforated inner Air-Tech lining uses a single thread creating an inner chamber for natural insulation and cooling. Also means these ice boots dry more quickly, keeping you dryer for your next session.
- Technomicro exterior is a microfiber that is thinner than silk. It is easy to clean and is lighter & stronger.
- Longer heel arch distributes forces over a longer axis giving skaters better feel and control
- Honeycomb footbed makes Ice Fly lighter and reduces response time to provide greater control
- Dual outsole reduces ice chatter giving you a smoother glide, connecting you with the ice.
- Thinner outsole for a lower center of gravity improving balance and sensitivity so you can feel your edges
- Galvanized hooks made from carbon steel, are lower, longer and have been repositioned to improve lacing, increasing movement range while wrapping the ankles.
Edea rating of 90
Is the Ice Fly Vegan?
Yes it's vegan and cruelty free.
Which jumps can be attempted?
- These skate boots are designed for an advanced skater attempting double, triple & quad jumps
Lacing the Edea Ice Fly
The Ice Fly model has a second lower tab to stop the tongue from rubbing against toes while skating.
Why is lacing so important?
- It improves control by holding the foot in the correct position
- It increases comfort by minimizing internal movement
- It improves skate durability by working with the shell to provide support
How to lace the Ice Fly by Edea
Start at the toe, insert the lace from the outside to the inside.
Tighten by pulling the laces outwards and downwards.
This will feel different but will become second nature.
How much pressure should I apply while lacing?
- Looser across the toes
- Tighter across the instep
- Looser on the upper hooks for more flexibility.